Thursday, April 3, 2008

My First Attempt in making Homemade Rolls...

Last night I made homemade rolls, as you all know from eating them in class today:) haha. It was my first attempt ever to make rolls like my mom and it took me forever to make them and get them just right. I started making them a little after seven and didn't get finished until almost 1am. I had to call my mom three or four times during this whole process. For the first pan I wasn't sure how long to let them rise and so I called my mom and tried describing what they looked like so that she could make an estimate on how much longer I should let them rise. Well,
I had already put one pan in so I couldn't really do anything about those but I ended up letting the other pans rise another hour or two before I baked them. Anyway, it was a good experience and hey, now I know how to make rolls! Yay.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! Great first attempt because those rolls were awesome! I was just staring at them admiring how perfectly round and puffy they were, like ones you might find at a bakery. Fantastic job!

Shannon said...

Hey, your rolls were awesome. I love trying to figure out things, and realizing that you should of watched your mom all those years, then you could make them as stellar as her. But these were great.

Keith McKay said...

Hurrah, your blog's back online!! Thanks for the rolls, by the way. I totally expected you to come prepared, but I'm a worrywart, so I got the chocolate raisins JUST as a backup. Forgive me.

mathurston said...

I have never tried to make rolls and I should. My grandma makes rolls that are like candy to me. I now feel inspired.