Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Homemade Sunday Dinner

This past weekend my family, grandparents, roommates, and all of my cousins that are currently attending BYU went down to Spanish Fork to celebrate my dad's, grandma's, and brother's birthday. Every year my dad requests homemade Swedish meatballs which my mother makes for him. She probably made close to 75 meatballs because our family eats so much! (espcially because I have 5 brothers that put away A LOT of food!) Anyway, my dad made the mashed potatoes and gravy and my mom made the best homemade rolls ever and cooked several varieties of vegies. My grandma brought salad and cookies. Yum. I enjoy these home-cooked meals better than ANY restaurant! I'm grateful for parents that make these wonderful meals and that I'm lucky enough to live close enough to go down for Sunday dinner each week! For dessert we had three different cakes for each of the people celebrating a birthday.... talk about have dessert options! Along with it we had a variety of cookies and ice cream! Yum!!

5 comments:

Lizi Dorff said...

That sounds so delicious! My extended family does the same thing. Every month, we get together on a Sunday evening and have a "pot luck" my mama makes the main dish and everyone else brings a little something and it's basically like thanksgiving but with more variety. I totally agree though, it is the best!

shannon said...

I love meals with the family. We always have so much good food, and we never go to resturaunts anymore because we make our food "better". The only bad part is my brother jason is convinced that he has to eat all the left overs the next day so they don't go bad

Courtney said...

That sounds wonderful and I'm always so jealous of people that have the fam so close by. I do have my older sister who's a senior here and makes A LOT of cookies, so that's pretty great, but like you, my family meals are exceptional and I miss them a ton!

Gabriel said...

Wow! What a great dinner. You're lucky to have family really close. And homemade meatballs sounds interesting and like a lot of work.

Taylor_tots said...

Now that is awesome! I wish my family lived close enough that I could see them every weekend! And I wish that they could cook!
*sigh*